If you are interested in sharing your time or resources with Domestic Violence Services of Cumberland & Perry Counties, there are many ways you can get involved!
- Administrative Volunteer Opportunities:
- Staff information booths at community fairs, festivals and other events.
- Serve on special events committees, such as our Sunflower Gala committee.
- Support the work of the DVSCP Board of Directors by serving on a committee
- Direct Service Volunteer Opportunities: Individuals interested in direct service opportunities must participate in a comprehensive 40-hour volunteer training program before beginning to volunteer. Volunteers must also have the following current background clearances: PA Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Clearance and PA Criminal Record Check. DVSCP reserves the right to conduct reference checks on prospective volunteers.
- Provide crisis management and counseling to victims via the 24-hour hotline. This includes providing peer support, safety planning and scheduling appointments with DVSCP staff.
- Facilitate group activities for shelter residents, such as yoga night, craft circles, fitness activities or cooking/baking.
- Plan activities for and provide child care for children in the shelter while moms are attending support groups.
- Internship Opportunities:
- Undergraduate internships provide students with the opportunity to gain experience in all program areas.
To learn more about volunteering, please call (717) 258-4806