If you are interested in sharing your time or resources with Domestic Violence Services of Cumberland & Perry Counties, there are many ways you can get involved!
- Potential Administrative Volunteer Opportunities:
- Staff information booths at community fairs, festivals and other events.
- Serve on special events committees, such as our Sunflower Gala committee.
- Support the work of the DVSCP Board of Directors by serving on a committee
- Potential Direct Service Volunteer Opportunities:
- Staff the 24-hour hotline. This includes providing peer support, safety planning and scheduling appointments with DVSCP staff.
- Facilitate group activities for shelter residents, such as yoga night, craft circles, fitness activities or cooking/baking.
- Plan activities for and provide child care for children in the shelter while moms are attending support groups.
- Transport clients in DVSCP van to appointments.
Individuals interested in direct service opportunities must participate in a comprehensive 40-hour volunteer training program. Volunteers must also have the following current background clearances: PA Child Abuse Clearance and PA Criminal Record Check. DVSCP reserves the right to conduct reference checks on prospective volunteers.
If you have questions or to learn more about volunteering, please call the office at (717) 258-4806.